Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cream cheese filled Carrot muffins

I found this recipe on line ages ago and wrote it down.  I've since lost the link so I can't give credit where credit is fully due but here it is none-the-less.


Preheat oven to 350.

Sift together 1½ c. all-purpose flour, 1½ tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp.baking powder, ½ tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cardamom, 1 tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. nutmeg, and 1 c. sugar.

In a separate bowl, beat 3 eggs and 2/3 cup vegetable oil until lightened. Stir in 1½ c. shredded carrots, ½ c. chopped walnuts, and ½ c. raisins that have been soaked for 10 minutes in hot water (or warmed rum, if you’d like).

In another bowl, cream 4 oz. softened cream cheese with 1 egg yolk (add the egg white to the carrot cake batter to make it really moist) , ½ c. sugar, and ½ tsp. vanilla.

Fold the dry ingredients into the egg/oil mixture. Stir until just combined.

Fill mini-muffin cups about 1/2 full, add a spoon of the cream cheese, and then another spoon of the carrot cake batter.


Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake part comes out clean.

Happy Feasting!

2 comments:

Ryan McNeil said...

So there's Danger, handing me one of these taste-treats prefaced by the "They might not have worked, I overfilled the cups" disclaimer.

She lowered my expectations and then knocked my taste buds out with how nummy these things were.

The only thing she did wrong was only giving me one.

Bidango said...

Thank you very kindly Hatter!

I'll try to make some more soon :)